Wilson Therapeutics AB (publ) (“Wilson Therapeutics” or the “Company”), hereby announces the outcome relating to the offering of newly issued shares in the Company (the “Offering”) and listing on Nasdaq Stockholm. The Offering attracted strong interest among Swedish and international investors.
- The final price in the Offering has been set at SEK 49 per share, corresponding to a market capitalization of SEK 1,305 million for the total number of outstanding shares in Wilson Therapeutics, provided that the Over-allotment option (defined below) is fully utilized.
- The Offering was well oversubscribed and the number of shares in the Offering was increased in full, in accordance with the terms of the Offering, by 763,088 newly issued shares, for a total of 8,518,190 shares in the Offering, corresponding to 33.6 percent of the total number of shares outstanding in the Company.
- Furthermore, the Company has granted an over-allotment option corresponding to 15 percent of the number of shares in the Offering (the “Over-allotment option”). If the Over-allotment option is fully utilized, the Offering will comprise 9,795,918 shares in total, corresponding to a total value of the Offering of SEK 480 million, before issue expenses.
- A core group of well renowned investors consisting of the founders of Recipharm Lars Backsell and Thomas Eldered (B&E Participation), The Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund (AP4), Handelsbanken Fonder, Strand Kapitalförvaltning, the existing main shareholders HealthCap, Abingworth, MVM Life Science Partners and NeoMed, as well as the Company’s chairman Andrew Kay, will invest in total approximately SEK 210 million, corresponding to more than half of the Offering.
- Following the completion of the Offering, HealthCap will remain the largest shareholder in Wilson Therapeutics and will, assuming that the Over-allotment option is exercised in full, hold approximately 28.1 percent of the total number of shares in the Company.
- Around 3,000 new shareholders were allocated shares in Wilson Therapeutics.
- Trading in the Company’s shares on Nasdaq Stockholm commences today, 12 May 2016, under the ticker “WTX” (ISIN code: SE0008293674).
- Trading is conditional until the settlement day, which is expected to be 16 May 2016.
About Wilson Therapeutics
Wilson Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company, based in Stockholm, Sweden that develops novel therapies for patients with rare diseases. Wilson Therapeutics’ product, Decuprate®, is initially being developed as a novel treatment for Wilson Disease and is currently in a Phase II clinical study in Wilson Disease patients.
Wilson Disease is a rare genetic disease that causes serious copper poisoning. Wilson Disease affects approximately one in every 30,000 people worldwide, corresponding to a prevalence of approximately 10,000 patients in the United States and 15,000 patients in the EU.
The active ingredient in Decuprate®, tetrathiomolybdate, is a first-in-class de-coppering agent with a unique mechanism of action that is expected to provide several advantages over existing therapies, such as: a fast removal of copper leading to improved response rates, an improved safety and tolerability profile and a simplified dosing regimen for improved treatment compliance. Decuprate® has been granted Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of Wilson Disease in the United States and the EU.
Carnegie acted as joint global coordinator and joint bookrunner in the transaction.