Optomed Plc one of the leading providers of handheld fundus cameras, was listed today and had its first day of trading on Nasdaq Helsinki.
The offering in brief
- The price per share in the offering was EUR 4.50, corresponding to a total value of the outstanding shares in Optomed upon the completion of the Offering of EUR 60 million
- The Offering comprised 6,147,019 shares of which 4,444,444 newly issued ordinary shares offered by the Company and 1,702,575 ordinary shares offered by the selling shareholders
- The number of shares in the Offering was increased, in accordance with the terms of the Offering, by 1,702,575 shares, corresponding to approximately 12.9 percent of the outstanding number of shares in the Company upon completion of the Offering
- In order to cover potential over-allotment in relation to the Offering, Halma Ventures Limited have undertaken, through an over-allotment option granted to Carnegie, to sell up to 922,052 additional existing shares in the Company (the “Over-Allotment Option”)
- Assuming that the Over-Allotment Option is exercised in full, the value of the Offering will amount to approximately EUR 32 million
- Trading in the Shares in Optomed on Nasdaq Helsinki commences today 5 December 2019 under the ticker “OPTOMED” and settlement will take place on 9 December 2019
Optomed in brief
Optomed is a Finnish medical technology company and one of the leading providers of non-mydriatic handheld fundus cameras. Optomed develops and commercializes modern, handheld and easy-to-use fundus cameras that are suitable for any clinic for diagnosing and tracking the progression of ocular diseases affecting the fundus, such as diabetic retinopathy, the leading cause of vision loss in working-age adults . Optomed combines handheld devices with screening software and automated grading capabilities through Artificial Intelligence with the aim to transform the diagnostic process of blinding eye-diseases. Optomed’s proprietary optical technology is protected by the Company’s 52 international patents. Optomed’s products are sold in more than 60 countries and its customers include international healthcare organizations, hospitals and global medical technology companies (OEMs) and distributors. The Company employs 105 professionals as at 30 September 2019, is headquartered in Finland and has a subsidiary in China. In 2018, Optomed’s revenue amounted to EUR 12.7 million and pro forma revenue, including the acquisition of Commit; Oy amounted to EUR 14.5 million
Carnegie acted as Sole Global Co-ordinator and Joint Bookrunner in connection with the transaction.