• Carnegie’s net profit for the first quarter 2006 was SEK 287 million (SEK 100 million), corresponding to earnings per share of SEK 4.18 (SEK 1.50), an increase of 188% from the first quarter 2005.
• Total income for the first quarter 2006 increased by 89% to SEK 1,239 million (SEK 656 million), Carnegie’s best quarter ever. Securities’ income increased by 96% to SEK 639 million. Investment Banking income was SEK 241 million, an increase of 149% from the first quarter 2005.
Asset Management income was up 68% to SEK 212 million, and Private Banking income was up 37% to SEK 147 million.
• Assets under management amounted to SEK 101 billion, an increase of SEK 9 billion from year-end, of which net inflows were SEK 5 billion and asset values increased by SEK 4 billion.
• Total expenses before profit-share were SEK 428 million (SEK 374 million), an increase of 14% Y/Y.
• The AGM 23 March approved a dividend of SEK 9.19 per share, which was distributed to shareholders on 31 March. Kjartan Gunnarsson and Stig Vilhelmson (Carnegie’s new CEO from 23 March) were both elected new Directors of the Board. Christer Zetterberg was elected new Chairman of the Board.
• Personnel changes: Jim Cirenza, Head of Carnegie’s US operations, has been appointed Group Head of Securities and joins Group Management. Mark Walker has left Group management and will continue his position as Managing Director of Carnegie’s UK operations.
Quotations from Stig Vilhelmson, CEO:
”In favourable market conditions, Carnegie continued to deliver excellent results across the board.”
“My vision is for Carnegie to become world champions within our niches. This means continued focused hard work to identify and improve all the details necessary to be our clients’ first choice.”
This interim report has not been reviewed by the company’s auditors.
Carnegie’s CEO Stig Vilhelmson and Mats-Olof Ljungkvist (CFO) will present the first quarter results at a teleconference held 26 April at 4.00 PM (CET). It will be open to the public. In order to participate, please call +44 20 7154 26 38. The conference call will also be accessible as an audio live web cast (including slide presentation) at www.carnegie.se/ir. For those unable to listen to the live web cast, a replay will be available at www.carnegie.se/ir approximately one hour after the event.
For further information, please contact Stig Vilhelmson (CEO) +46 8 5886 90 75, Mats-Olof Ljungkvist (CFO) +46 8 5886 90 13 or Birgitta Henriksson (IR) +46 8 5886 86 39.
Financial calendar 2006
Interim report January-June 13 July
Interim report January-September 18 October
Additional information is available at www.carnegie.se/ir.