• Carnegie’s net profit for the first quarter 2005 was SEK 100 million (SEK 122 million), corresponding to earnings per share of SEK 1.50 (SEK 1.82).
• Total income for the first quarter 2005 was SEK 656 million (SEK 735 million), down by 11% from the strong first quarter 2004. Securities’ income was down by 12 % to SEK 327 million. Investment Banking income was SEK 97 million, 15% below the first quarter 2004. Asset Management income was up 3% to SEK 122 million, and Private Banking income was down by 18% Y/Y.
• Assets under management amounted to SEK 65 billion, an increase of SEK 3 billion from year-end, in total due to increased asset values.
• Total expenses before profit-share was SEK 374 million (SEK 388 million), down by 3% Y/Y and 6% below the average quarterly expenses last year.
• The AGM 17 March approved a dividend of SEK 5.93 per share, which was distributed to shareholders on 29 March. Thor Bjorgolfsson and Niclas Gabrán were elected new Directors of the Board.
Quotations from Karin Forseke, CEO:
“Our organisation is strong and ready to excel. The first quarter result was good, and we continue to focus on gaining market share with our clients.”
“We will continue to build on our success as an independent Nordic investment bank. We have set our sights higher and I am convinced that our strategy will continue to deliver superior performance.”
This interim report has not been reviewed by the company’s auditors.
Carnegie’s CEO Karin Forseke and Mats-Olof Ljungkvist (CFO) will present the first quarter results at a teleconference held 27 April at 4.00 PM (CET). It will be open to the public. In order to participate, please call +358 (0) 923 144 712. The conference call will also be accessible as an audio live web cast (including slide presentation) at www.carnegie.se/ir. For those unable to listen to the live web cast, a replay will be available at www.carnegie.se/ir approximately one hour after the event.
For further information, please contact Karin Forseke (CEO) +46 8 5886 90 10, Mats-Olof Ljungkvist (CFO) +46 8 5886 90 13 or Birgitta Henriksson (IR) +46 8 5886 86 39.
Financial calendar 2005
Interim report January-June 14 July 2005
Interim report January-September 26 October 2005
Additional information is available at www.carnegie.se/ir.
Carnegie is an independent Nordic investment bank operating in Securities, Investment Banking, Asset Management and Private Banking. Carnegie provides a wide array of financial products and services to Nordic and international clients from offices in eight countries: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the UK and the US.